- This event has passed.
State of the (LF) Edge Summit @ OSS/ELC NA
August 20, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
On August 20 from 2-5:30 pm, we’ll be at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront for a half day event all about IoT Edge Computing. Thought leaders from our 70+ member companies will provide an overview of LF Edge, share insight into the open source projects that fall within the umbrella and review what our technical roadmaps looks like. There will be an open forum for collaboration and networking opportunities – if you’re interested in edge, this is the perfect place to learn more and ask questions from the best.
Registration for the event is $25. Add it to your conference registration here. See below for the complete agenda.
LF Edge Summit Agenda:
+ Kickoff (Arpit Joshipura, Linux Foundation)
+ Introduction to LF Edge (Melissa Evers-Hood, Intel)
+ Overview of LF Edge Projects
- Akraino Edge Stack overview (Tina Tsou, Arm and Kandan Kathirvel, AT&T)
- EdgeX Foundry overview (Malini Bhandaru, VMware)
- Project EVE overview (Roman Shaposhnik, ZEDEDA)
- Glossary / Landscape overview (Wes Reisz, Section)
+ Edge Panel: Moderator – Balaji Ethirajulu (Ericsson); Panelists: Tina Tsou (Arm), Jasmin Ajanovic (Qualcomm), Sandip Kamat (HP) and Mike Capuano (Pluribus Networks)
- Abstract: Impact of Edge and IoT in the evolution of 5G & its use cases: As the industry is transforming to 5G, new business models and use cases will emerge that we have not even thought about. These use cases will demand low latency, ultra-reliability, very high bandwidth and high level of security. Massive number of devices will be connected to the network. 5G will deliver services to all industries. Edge, Automation, AI/ML, and IoT will play a crucial role in the evolution of 5G. The panel will discuss the industry shift in Edge and IoT and how open source will play a role in this evolution.
+ Security at the Edge (Malini Bhandaru, VMware and Roman Shaposhnik – ZEDEDA)
+ Deployment / Use Cases Presentations
- Akraino Edge Stack
- EdgeX Foundry
- Project EVE