June 30 - July 1
IIOT World Day is the largest Industrial IoT virtual event in the world. This year, it takes place over two days on June 30 and July 1. Arpit Joshipura, General Manager for Networking, IoT and Edge at The Linux Foundation, will be giving a presentation titled, “Uniting the Edge for Tomorrow’s Demands.” In this presentation, he will discuss LF Edge, an umbrella organization to establish an open, interoperable framework for edge computing independent of hardware, silicon, cloud, or operating system. LF Edve will help ensure greater harmonization to accelerate deployment and bridge the gaps in the open source technologies to support the emerging Edge use cases.
The Edge use cases from Industrial, Enterprise and Consumer spanning multiple edges and domains are being addressed by the LF Edge Projects including Akraino Edge Stack, Baetyl, EdgeX Foundry, Fledge, Home Edge, Open Glossary of Edge Computing and Project EVE. The projects within LF Edge are focused to address specific needs of the industry and complement each other to support a cohesive solution.
In this talk, attendees will learn:
- Edge use cases being addressed to satisfy the industry needs
- Collaboration between the LF Edge Projects and scope of each project
- How to engage and contribute to each project
Additionally, Jim White, CTO of IOTech and Vice Chair of LF Edge’s EdgeX Foundry TSC, will be giving a presentation titled, “Using Open Source Technology to Manage IoT/Edge Solutions.” In this session, he will discuss how open source technology is changing the edge application landscape and it can help change edge management too. In this session, attendees will learn how open source technology is offering solutions to deploy, orchestrate and manage your edge that are:
- More cost effective through community collaboration, friendlier licensing, faster innovation, and multi-vendor support
- Address the unique needs of the edge as they are developed by edge experts
- Fashioned by an ecosystem gravitating toward best of breed solutions that benefit all.
To learn more about the conference, visit the website at https://iiotday.com/.