- This event has passed.
EdgeX Foundry Challenge Shanghai 2020
July 3, 2020 - September 19, 2020
LF Edge and EdgeX Foundry present the EdgeX Challenge Shanghai 2020 on July 3, 2020. Whether you are in Shanghai or will be joining virtually, we encourage you to join the community to tackle technical challenges at this hackathon. The hackathon is dedicated to building a learning and sharing platform for the Internet of Things and edge computing. Based on EdgeX Foundry, it uses shared technology investment to solve difficult technical problems, gathers participants with innovative ideas and strong technical energy, and targets common pain points in the Internet of Things industry. For retail, manufacturing, energy, urban parks and other fields, use EdgeX Foundry to solve industry problems. Participants will effectively combine technology and industry by creating, developing and optimizing solutions, while tempering technology and empowering real application scenarios.
Challenges include two tracks:
- Commercial (Retail, Hospitality, Banking, Education, etc.）
- Using EdgeX, based on IOT, AI and data analysis technologies, build innovative applications related to consumer, merchandise, and store.
- Use EdgeX to build multi-sensor correlated IoT applications.
- Use EdgeX to build applications beneficial to defeat COVID-19.
- Combine EdgeX with 5G, blockchain or service robot to build innovative applications
- Industrial (Factories, Power, Oil/Gas, Utilities）
- For the multi-edge node scenario, build an SDN + containerized IT solution based on EdgeX
- In discrete or process (with lower latency requirements) manufacturing, use EdgeX to achieve low latency fault detection and response on the production line
- In Discrete Manufacturing, use EdgeX to Detect Product Defects Online
- Using EdgeX to collect data, proceed with energy management of electric/gas/coal/oil, to improve energy efficiency. (Such as: building a thermodynamic model, completing heat meter data collection and automatic valve opening control to optimize heating efficiency)
- Using EdgeX to realize remote unmanned monitoring of multiple data sources and automatic control of the on-site environment.
The EdgeX Foundry Challenge Shanghai is hosted by the Shanghai Science and Technology Commission, LF Edge and co-hosted by Intel and InnoSpace. Sponsors include China Chain Store & Franchise Association (CCFA), Dell Technology, IOTech and Tencent, Thundersoft and VMware. Learn more and register here: http://edgexchallenge.shanghaimakers.cn/