- This event has passed.
5G Transport & the Edge
October 10, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The annual 5G Transport & the Edge event is at the Westin Time Square in New York on Thursday, October 10. We invite you to investigate the design of advanced 5G transport networks and the integration with edge cloud infrastructure and services at this event with industry leaders from global companies.
LF Edge’s Oliver Spatschek, Governing Board member and Assistant Vice President, Inventive Science, at AT&T, will participate in a panel at 4:20 – 5 pm. The panel “What are the genuinely monetizable applications to drive operator investment in building out edge infrastructure?” will cover a range of topics including:
- An analysis of the most monetizable edge applications
- Is there enough appetite from operators to invest and unlock monetizable solutions for edge computing?
- Can operators afford to wait for monetizable applications to arise before building out edge infrastructure?
- Who is driving the deployment of edge business applications? Where is the demand now and where should we expect the demand to come from in the future?
Oliver is joined by:
- Parvin Mahajan, Chief of Customer Operations, IoT, Sprint
- Sam Mindlin, Audio Program Director, Applied Edge Concepts Team Lead, Verizon
- Alex Reznik, Chair, ETSI MEC ISG
- Moderator: Mike Dano, Editorial Director, 5G & Mobile Strategies, Light Reading
To register or to learn more about the event, visit the website.