ELIOT is project under Akraino approved blueprint family and part of Akraino Edge Stack, which intends to develop a fully integrated edge network infrastructure and running edge computing applications on lightweight Edge Nodes. ELIOT targets on making the edge node a lightweight software stack which can be deployed on edge nodes which have limited hardware capacity by leveraging lightweight OS, container running environment and container orchestration applications.
EdgeX and OPC-UA framework integrated on ELIOT platform for enable industrial IOT use cases. Portal for platform manage is integrated and single click BP installation is provided for quickly deploy Eliot on multiple platforms. ELIOT CLI is provided to interactively connect and manage the platform. Interested developer can use these utilities to deploy ELIOT and mange with ease.
Key features in Release 3:
- Enhance portal for support login, cluster dashboard, App deployment and improved and rich portal view.
- Single click installation for quick setup for developer and CLI for manage platform.
- OPC-UA client-server basic support including EdgeX on ELIOT platform to enable Industrial IOT platform.
- Security hardened with enabled community security tools for OS and K8s layers.
- Some bug fixes for making generic platform to be deployed in various environment.
- ELIOT platform is used for EdgeX collaboration with Akraino and same deployment is done in Akraino Lab for Continuous Integration.
For more information, visit our wiki.