ELIOT is project under Akraino approved blueprint family and part of Akraino Edge Stack, which intends to develop a fully integrated edge network infrastructure and running edge computing applications on lightweight Edge Nodes. ELIOT targets on making the edge node a lightweight software stack which can be deployed on edge nodes which have limited hardware capacity by leveraging lightweight OS, container running environment and container orchestration applications.
This BP under ELIOT family target uCPE devices for enterprises use cases. Edges nodes which are uCPE devices provide cloud native environment enabled with various cloud native open source integration and can support various network functions.
Key features in Release 3:
- Provide platform for support cloud native network functions deployment on uCPE devices
- Bug fixes for Calico deployment to making support on generic platforms.
- Enhance uCPE portal for support login, improved portal view, edge sites inventory.
- Single click installation for quick setup for developer and CLI for manage platform.
- Security hardened with enabled community security tools for OS and K8s layers.
For more information, visit our wiki.