ELIOT targets on making the edge node a lightweight software stack which can be deployed on edge nodes which have limited hardware capacity by leveraging a lightweight OS, container- running environment, and container orchestration applications.
In this release, the ELIOT Node is verified on a tailored OS to further support a lightwight stack. EdgeX and OPC-UA frameworks are integrated on the ELIOT platform to enable industrial IOT use cases. Community validation testing is enabled in community CI for Hardware, OS and K8s layers. Portal for platform management is integrated and single-click blueprint installation is provided as an optional method.
Key features and implementations in Release 1:
- Support ELIOT Node Managment and device management by Kubernetes and KubeEdge, respectively.
- Resource monitoring of all edge nodes is done from ELIOT Manager using cAdvisor and prometheus.
- Support multi-platforms architecture x86 and aarch64
- Support Heterogeneous deployment over cloud and edge nodes
- Full CI/CD deployment ready and verified
- Platform is ready to support different IOT Gateway use cases for Edge computing. Video Analytics is one of use case verified on this platform.
Key features in Release 2:
- Integrated EdgeX framework on ELIOT Platform to enable Industries IOT use cases.
- ELIOT is supported and verified on Tailored OS, Ubuntu and CentOS.
- Single- click installation of the ELIOT platform.
- Portal for IOTgateway with enabled features like application and platform management.
- Enables community validation testing in CI for Hardware, OS and K8s layers.
- OPC-UA test enabled on ELIOT platform.
For more information: https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/ELIOT%3A+Edge+Lightweight+and+IoT+Blueprint+Family