Written by Candice Digby, Partner and Events Manager at Vapor IO, a LF Edge member and active community member in the State of the Edge Project
Last year’s Edge Woman of the Year winner Farah Papaioannou is ready to pass the torch.
“I was honored to have been chosen as Edge Woman of the Year 2019 and to be recognized alongside many inspiring and innovative women across the industry,” said Farah Papaioannou, Co-Founder and President of Edgeworx, Inc. “I am thrilled to pay that recognition forward and participate in announcing this year’s Edge Woman of the Year 2020 finalist categories; together we have a lot to accomplish.”
With more nominations in the 2nd annual competition, it was difficult for State of the Edge and Edge Computing World to select only ten top finalists. The Edge Woman of the Year 2020 nominees represent industry leaders in roles that are impacting the direction of their organization’s strategy, technology or communications around edge computing, edge software, edge infrastructure or edge systems.
The Edge Woman of the Year Award represents a long-term industry commitment to highlight the growing importance of the contributions and accomplishments made by women in edge computing. The award is presented at the annual Edge Computing World event which gathers the whole edge computing ecosystem, from network to cloud and application to infrastructure end-users and developers while also sharing edge best practices.
The annual Edge Woman of the Year Award is presented to outstanding female and non-binary professionals in edge computing for outstanding performance in their roles elevating Edge. The 2020 award committee selected the following 10 finalists for their excellent work in the named categories:
- Leadership in Edge Startups
- Kathy Do, VP, Finance and Operations at MemVerge
- Leadership in Edge Open Source Contributions
- Malini Bhandaru, Open Source Lead for IoT & Edge at VMware
- Leadership in Edge at a Large Organization
- Jenn Didoni, Head of Cloud Portfolio at Vodafone Group Business
- Leadership in Edge Security
- Ramya Ravichandar, VP of Product Management at FogHorn
- Leadership in Edge Innovation and Research
- Kathleen Kallot, Director, AI Ecosystem, arm
- Leadership in Edge Industry and Technology
- Fay Arjomandi, Founder and CEO, mimik technology, Inc.
- Leadership in Edge Best Practices
- Nurit Sprecher, Head of Management & Virtualization Standards, Nokia
- Leadership in Edge Infrastructure
- Meredith Schuler, Financial & Strategic Operations Manager, SBA Edge
- Overall Edge Industry Leadership
- Nancy Shemwell, Chief Operating Officer, Trilogy Networks, Inc.
- Leadership in Executing Edge Strategy
- Angie McMillin, Vice President and General Manager, IT Systems, Vertiv
The “Top Ten Women in Edge” finalists are selected from nominations and submissions submitted by experts in edge from around the world. The final winner will be chosen by a panel of industry judges. The winner of the Edge Woman of the Year 2020 will be announced during this year’s Edge Computing World, being held virtually October 12-15, 2020.
For more information on the Women in Edge Award visit: https://www.lfedge.org/2020/08/25/state-of-the-edge-and-edge-computing-world-announce-finalists-for-the-2020-edge-woman-of-the-year-award/